Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Intro to My Top Shelf

So many books to read, so little time.
Time is such a valuable thing that when I begin a book, I hope it's worth the investment. Usually a book is. I'm not a picky reader. Okay, maybe I am, just a little. But I can forgive a lot of writing flaws if someone will tell me a good story.
The books on my top shelf are all good stories. But they're much more than that. They're books I invest my time in over and over again because, for me, the return is so great. They might take me to place I love, one I want to return to like a favorite vacation spot. Or they have a voice that I love, and reading them is like spending an afternoon with a friend. Or they've taught me something and I need to be reminded.
I'm going to try to limit my top shelf to ten books (or series of books). But I wouldn't say these are the ten best books I've ever read. Just ones that are well used.
So in no specific order, here come the ten books on my top shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment